Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another Day

Another Day

It's days like today,
where I woke up lonely,
sad,
missing the impression that you make,
that I think it's just another day.

Days like today,
no matter how bright the sun
it can't light my world,
no matter what I try.

It's just another day.

I'm waiting for that day,
the day it turns another day
into a someday,
and someday to be today,
so you'll be here with me.


I haven't written in...forever, so forgive me if that poem makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But it's true, today was a rough day, and I haven't any idea why. I've been having good days. Nothing too bad, just keeping busy. Am I due this bad day, then? Have I reached my quota? Or did I just wake up wrong?

I spent the good portion of my morning and early afternoon in bed. Not moving, or really doing much of anything. Just playing around on the internet. Late afternoon swung around, and our friend Jon called me up and nagged me over to his place, where he had his sweet little girl. So I got to play for a few hours, and had dinner cooked for me. It was a nice break, and I'm definitely grateful...but I'm still in this pissy mood.

I can't even blame it on the fact that I am disappointed that Mike wasn't able to call. I mean, I am sad, but I understand the why, and accept that. I was just awful before I even knew he wasn't going to be able to call.

Blah. I think it's time to hide in my room again with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment