Saturday, September 17, 2011

All Rainbows and Sunshine

Things have been looking up in Reganland.

It looks like I'm about to go to 40 hours at work (yay money/distractions!). It help, oh yes it does.

I got to talk to my husband TWICE IN TWO DAYS. That hasn't happened since before he left. Of course, that just made my freaking week. Maybe the rest of the month. We are currently busy little bees, making plans for after the deployment, which may include a move *gasp*. We are also planning on buying a house, so I've contacted Realtor to find out more information.

We are just growing up so quickly!

I managed to turn my $220 cell phone bill into a $78 one. It took playing a serious hand (Military Spouse of a Deployed Soldier card, Female card, and Loyal Sprint Customer for 6 Years card), and a weeeeee bit underhanded dealings, but I don't have to pay the full amount. Which helps, since my electric bill has still been off the charts. I hate you, 100+ degree weather. Good news is that it only got up into the 60's yesterday. Can we say sweatshirts?

I leave for MI and wedding festivities in less than a week, then the week after that Pete will be in town for more wedding fun. Busy busy busy for the next two weeks. I'm getting a little nervous since I'm the freaking photographer for on of the weddings, and I haven't been able to practice since my camera is broken. Very broken. Luckily I have two wonderful cousins who have volunteered the use of their cameras, and one of them is compatible with the lenses that I have.

I have lost ten pounds since the start of the 'Auna Wants to be Skinny/Doesn't Want to Develop Diabetes' challenge just over a month ago. I'm pretty sure I weigh less than I did in high school, so at least there's that!

My hair is red again. Oh, happiness. it's no longer the faded reddish/copper/brown with dark brown roots that I was rocking for a few months. Stress, little money, and absolutely no inclination to do anything about it contributed to that hairstyle for a while. But it's back to red.

Anyone who reads this should visit herobracelets.org. You can order custom metal or leather bracelets with the names of loved ones, with a saying underneath their name. Anything you want to put. I ordered one, and I looovesss it. Instead of the typical where and when the soldier is deployed like the examples say, I put a Gaelic saying on mine. Really awesome part? $2 of every bracelet goes to a Military-based charity of your choice, which is a decent percentage when some of their stuff is only $14.

My passport is processing! Depending on circumstances, when Mike has his leave, it looks like we'll be meeting up in Germany. I is excited! The last time (and only) time I've been out of the country was when my grandparents took me to Windsor, right across the Detroit River. Which really doesn't count, since Canada is thisclose to Detroit...seriously, less than a mile away. Now you all know why I sound like a Canadian!

Aaaaannnnnddd.....


U of M is currently beating Eastern MI. Go Blue!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment