Thursday, August 11, 2011

Definitely a 'Rant'

Recap and update of everything going on:
Spiders: I have not seen a single spider since I put sweeps on the doors, and sprayed bug/spider spray long the perimeter of the house. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Two night without a sighting. 
Utilities: My landlord has called in a plumbing company, who will be here tomorrow. So we shall see. If they find a leak and fix it, I can bring a copy of the receipt to the City building and get refunded for whatever my water average is. 
Washer: They should be here tomorrow, as well. 
the Wii: Is still not working. It was plugged into a surge protector, but I don't know what happened. So I might try to call on that, as well. Because the Playstation still doesn't have a new password, we can't watch Netflix on the TV at all, which is pretty much what I use it for. 

Lately, I have been getting things done, and taken care of. I picked up an extra shift at work this week, and have already picked up another one for next week. We had a major storm here two days ago, and we've already done the cleanup in our two yards (mine and my neighbors). I have a tree down in my yard, and my neighbors have a fence down, and no longer own a trampoline. 

Emotionally, though, I'm still fighting. 

Basically, I feel angry and restless all the time. Not angry really, I just have zero patience with anything. It makes work difficult, since it's the back to school rush. And since this is a college town, we have a LOT of back to school people. Here is what I tend to be feeling at any given moment. 

I feel slightly abandoned here. Mike is gone (not by choice, I understand that, I really do). However, I can count on one hand the number of friends that I have here in Stillwater. One only returns my calls/texts if it has to do with college, one is moving to NYC (that I understand, as well), another I haven't really been able to pin down at all in the last few weeks. I have my roommate, but we tend to see things at two different levels, and my neighbors, but they have their own lives and kids, so I don't feel right relying on them constantly. The other two people...they are busy. And they are Mike's friends, first. I like them, I do...but all I feel is a burden on them. So basically I sit at home and think about everything. 

I get angry/pissy/upset whenever someone continuously whines about not seeing their significant other for a few days. I'm sorry, maybe I'm being insensitive. However, when they continously whine TO ME about how it's just not fair that work/school/etc gets in the way, I really want to just walk away. Is that really so much to ask? Complain to your other friends, who have the same issues as you, not to me, who won't see her husband until sometime next year. 

I also get angry/pissy/upset when you compare missing your significant other to me missing mine. Um, unless they are in a war zone, forget it. You get to see yours every week, and don't spend the time in between terrified. And rubbing it in my face that you're about to go see them really pisses me off. The only people that I can usually tolerate hearing things like that from are other Army spouses, or those who are in a service that might not allow them to come home (police, firemen, etc). I understand accidents happen everyday, but the men and women who serve in high-risk capacities and their families are the ones that I have any empathy with. 

I realize that this isn't 'politically correct', because I've been told several times (by other Army wives) that people mean well, I shouldn't be so hard on them, and I understand that. But if I can't be upset here, be angry here, then where am I supposed to turn? I don't actually express the way I feel, except to other Army wives, and even then I was pretty much told that I'm wrong, that I have to just bottle things up to keep everyone else happy. So here I am, telling it to a nameless audience to not upset anyone else. 

Those are my biggest issues right now. I think I really just need to find ways of distracting myself, or finding new people to hang out with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment