Thursday, August 18, 2011

Better.

Things have been looking up lately, I suppose.
1. My washer wasn't broken, it was a leak from my air conditioner. Apparently there has been too much condensation. Who'd have though?
2. The leaks in my house have been fixed. Yay!
3. The City is in the middle of approving my lower bill, hopefully I will find out tomorrow what it is.
4. The Wii started working on it's own. Creepy in a way, but I'm very happy it's not dead. No, I have no idea what happened to it, nor do I care. It's alive!
5. I have been sooooo busy at work that I haven't been as miserable lately. Weird in a way, but good.

It's Back to School season at Staples!! It's been mass hysteria, I swear. We can barely get our freight done right now, and rather than it taking a day or two, it stretches for a few days and goes into the next load. I don't think we've been clear in over a week. Good news is that I am getting a lot of hours, so I am not just sitting around doing nothing but thinking. It seems to be making time go faster.

I've been doing some thinking about school, and I really do think that I want to go back to school for counseling of some sort. I'm excited thinking about it, even though I probably won't be able to go back for another year.

On Sunday I started a new 'lifestyle change'. I call it this because I want it to be permanent, not just a temporary change to lose weight. Basically, I have cut out processed flour and sugar, and am only eating whole wheat and naturally occurring sugar. I am following the guidelines of the food pyramid, and am keeping it to about 1200 calories a day. So far, I've been under 40 grams of fat every day since Sunday, and under the recommended about of carbs, too. I do have a calorie/nutrition counter, called myfitnesspal, that it on my phone, so I really do enter in every single thing that goes into my mouth, drink and condiments included. Honestly, I think I eat more now than before, but since so much of it is healthier and lower in calories, I eat more. I started weighing myself Monday, and while I know the experts say that you should only weigh yourself once a week, I have actually been weighing everyday. Its not necessarily the same time, but always after I wake up, pee for the first time, and before I eat or drink anything. In the four days I've weighed myself, I've dropped 1.4 pounds. That in itself makes me happy, but also knowing that I seem to be in better moods lately, too. If I stick to this plan, I will be at my goal weight (about 30 pounds lighter) before Mike gets home for leave (if he comes home the time we think he will--never assume in the military). I would be one happy girl if I can make this happen. So far, so good. Day Five is over, onto the next!

Other than that, nothing too much is happening here. Getting close to the time that I fly back to see my baby brother say 'I do', wooo! I'm excited to go home again, even if it is just for a weekend. I'm flying out on a Thursday, wedding on Saturday (during which I am taking pictures, God help us all), spending time with people for the rest of the time until I fly out on Tuesday. Then, the Saturday after, I will be at another friend's wedding. Hopefully my father in law will be able to fly in for that, I'm really hoping so.

I kind of have an idea of something I want to draw. Something I saw on the internet. We shall see.

And now, since I'm starting to feel more than just a little tired, I am heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment