Saturday, January 29, 2011

Slacker, Slacker

I haven't worked out since Monday. Shame.

In my defense, I've been crazy busy. Work, eye appointments, finding a place to live, found a place to live, and all the drama/craziness that ensued when we tried to put a deposit down on the place. Not to mention getting ready for my friend to get here, catching up on my photo editing, and trying to get random other things coordinated, mostly having to do with Mike's upcoming deployment.

But still. No excuses, right?

Honestly, between all that, I've been extremely tired, and in some pain, mainly my calves and knees. If I bend my knee too much, and stand back up, the cracking and popping noises are audible at a distance of three feet. It was somewhat amusing to sicken my coworkers, but it also made my climbing ladders at work not so much fun.

This week is definitely a rest week. Plus, I'm going to change up the workouts a bit, so maybe it will have less impact on my body, and won't prevent me from working out for a week again. Instead of jumping right up to another minute from the previous week, I'm going to slowly build up that minute. Day one will be an extra half minute, day two will be 45 extra seconds, and then the third day will be the full minute. Hopefully this one will work better for me, while allowing me to stay on track with the running plan.

That's been my crazy week. The good news is that despite not working out, and eating a bit more than I was last week, I haven't gained any weight, and am holding steady. So at least there's that.

And the house? We managed to get it all figured out, and now just have to get Mike's orders to break our current lease. We should be in the new place by the end of next month. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment