Saturday, February 12, 2011

Confessions!

Alright. Time to 'fess up. I haven't been really working out lately, just trying to walk around when I have time. Lazy? Partly. Mainly, it's been SO FREAKING COLD! My asthma tends to not only get pretty bad when the weather gets cold, even when I'm inside, but I'm almost constantly feeling like my chest is really tight. I don't know why that is, and even my normal scripts haven't been helping. So, I backed off the running part of my workouts, because I don't want to make a random trip to the ER for asthma again. Been there, done that...it would be so trite to repeat it. Especially when I know that I can prevent it.

So, I walk when I can, and have been continuing my stretching and other methods of at least trying to stay limber. Once it gets warmer (this week!), I will be back to my normal running schedule.

Everything else in my life has been hectic, too. Two major snowstorms, a friend moving in, my husband coming home for a week, just to leave again. Getting ready to move again, and dealing with everything that comes with that. Mike's laundry. And work, of course. Plus, my father in law will be here next week, which means major cleaning in the next week. That way he doesn't think we live like pigs! :)

Another thing I've been attempting to do, as an offhand thing while at work, I randomly stop and stretch, and am attempting to lift boxes that normally I would have the guys do. Nothing too heavy, again, I don't want to visit the ER when I don't have to, but still. Any little bit helps, right?

Well, its been about two months since my last doc appointment, and three more refills until my medicine runs out. I think I'll have another appointment, but I'm not altogether sure. I'm actually hoping I do have another one, so I can see how everything is going. So far, all my medicine is doing what she thought it would do...so it's looking like the blood sugar problem really is what's causing so many of my other problems. I'm just hoping the pattern keeps up. I've slipped a few times while watching what I've been eating, but I'm still nowhere near what I used to be eating, and I have also dropped about 8 pounds in two months. It fluctuates, of course, but my weight is fluctuating a lot less now. So, we'll see how the next few months go.

No comments:

Post a Comment